WhatsApp started as an alternative to SMS. It is an important part of our day to day lives. The app supports sending and receiving a variety of media such as text, photos, videos, documents, and location, as well as voice calls. The messages and calls are secured with end-to-end encryption, meaning that no third party including WhatsApp can read or listen to them. Behind every product decision is the desire to let people communicate anywhere in the world without barriers.
The company has been introducing one or the other feature to keep it updated for the users. It has recently added a new feature to make it more user-friendly and to enhance the publicity of the app.
Here is how you can send WhatsApp messages without adding the contact to address book –
1. Open your phone’s web browser and paste the following link- ‘https://api.WhatsApp.com/send?phone=number’ in the Address bar.
2. Instead of ‘number’, add the phone number of the person to whom you want to send a message. This number has to be added with the country code.
3. Leave out any zeroes, brackets or dashes when adding the phone number in international format.
4. Make sure the number provided is an active user on WhatsApp.
5. Then click on the message button and you will be taken to WhatsApp app with a chat being open for the said contact.
To recall, Facebook had acquired WhatsApp for 19 billion dollar in 2014, its largest acquisition till date. To help businesses communicate better with the customers in India, WhatsApp had officially rolled out WhatsApp Business – a free-to-download Android app for small businesses, earlier this year.