1. News

7th Pay Commission: Employees To Get Rs 20,000 In Their Account Along With 34% DA Hike

7th Pay Commission: Central government employees to get a 34% of DA Hike along with Rs 20,000 in their bank account, know when?

M Kanika
Indian Currency
Indian Currency

7th Pay Commission Latest Update: The central government employees will shortly receive some great news. As their Dearness Allowance (DA) could rise by 3%. The overall DA is currently 31%, however it may climb to 34% in the future. The salary could rise by Rs 20000, if the dearness allowance is increased to 34%.

Apart from that, the fitting factor can be determined in Budget 2022. It will be included in the budget expenditure after receiving cabinet approval.

Government To Increase Dearness Allowance (DA)

As per media reports, the central government may declare a 3% hike in DA. Central government employees' salary could rise by up to Rs 20,000 as a result of a 3% increase. Government employees' DA is determined on the basis of base salary under the 7th Pay Commission. After a 3% increase in October and an 11% increase in July, the current DA rate is at 31%.

PM Modi To Take Decision Soon

According several sources, the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) and the Ministry of Finance met to discuss arrears.

However, no specific response was received. At the same time, the employees remain adamant in their demand, and negotiations with the government are ongoing.

According to some media reports, the central government may discuss this issue soon. This is something that may be discussed with the Cabinet Secretary as soon as possible. Furthermore, because Prime Minister Narendra Modi has heard the case, it is assumed that he will make a decision on the outstanding debts soon.

48 Lakh Central Employees & 60 Lakh Pensioners To Be Benefitted

Employees and pensioners could receive lakhs of rupees in their bank accounts if the national government makes a one-time settlement for pending DA and DR. According to the Department of Expenditure's annual report, the country has a total of 48 lakh central employees and roughly 60 lakh pensioners.

Share your comments

Subscribe to our Newsletter. You choose the topics of your interest and we'll send you handpicked news and latest updates based on your choice.

Subscribe Newsletters